#header-inner {text-align:center !important;} #header-inner img {margin: 0 auto !important;}

Wednesday 5 August 2020

The Kea Mascot-Sophie

                                                THE KEA

 Scientific name: Nestor notabilis

Picture from https://www.milford-sound.co.nz/kea-the-clever-clown-of-the-alps/

Kea: The Clever Clown of the Alps – Milford Sound

Why did I choose this bird?

I chose the almighty Kea because they are super intelligent and use it to their advantage. They can be very cheeky and they do things like strip rubber off cars and steal food straight out of your hand! They are fun to watch and just make me laugh.


Is your bird smart?

Is the kea smart?! That’s like asking ‘is the sky blue?’. Of course they are!! They are one of the smartest birds but are also endangered. Not many people want to help them because they can be pretty annoying. Just like me!!

Has your bird been a symbol or an icon?

The Kea were crowned best bird of the year back in 2017.


What is a group of Keas called? 

A group of Keas are called a circus! I joined the circus a year ago! Just shows they are the perfect mascot for me!


Summary

My mascot is the Kea. Firstly they use their intelligence and are fun to watch, secondly they are annoying but that makes them more like me and lastly a group is called a circus and were crowned bird of the year.


No comments:

Post a Comment